It is the holiday gift-giving time of year again, and while there are many toys on the market that are safe and fun for kids of all ages, there are some toys that have been put on the “naughty list” due to a range of potential safety hazards.
The following toys have made the 2015 most dangerous toys list compiled by the consumer advocacy group World Against Toys Causing Harm. Our New Jersey product liability lawyers want you to keep these in mind when purchasing toys for your children this holiday season.
Top 10 Most Dangerous Toys of 2015
- Foam Dart Gun: This toy made the list because of how realistic the looks compared to a real gun.
- Kid Connection Doctor Play Set: Kids love using their imagination to role-play and pretend they are doctors. Unfortunately, this set has too many pieces that can lead to potential ingestion and choking injuries.
- Velociraptor Claws: Inspired by the popular “Jurassic World” movie, these dinosaur claws can cause eye and facial injuries.
- Poo-Dough: This toy may be good for bathroom humor, but it contains wheat, which can cause allergy-related injuries like hives, headaches and difficulty breathing.
- “Bud” Skipit’s Wheely Cute Pull Along: This sweet soft brown dog pull toy can cause choking.
- Splat X Smack Shot: A sling shot can be fun to play with, but this toy can cause eye injuries if hit in the face with the plastic “ammunition.”
- Kick Flipper: Like a skateboard without wheels, this toy can help kids learn balancing and coordination. But it also has the potential to cause head and impact injuries.
- Stats’ 38” quick-folding trampoline: Jumping on a trampoline can be lots of fun and great exercise, but this toy can cause head-neck and other injuries.
- Leonardo’s Electronic Stealth Sword: Kids might like to pretend they are a Ninja Turtle, but this toy can cause blunt force injuries if used with too much force.
- Pull Along Zebra: This cute pull toy may look innocent enough, but it has the potential to cause strangulation and entanglement with its cord.