At times, motorcycles are difficult to spot, so extra care must be taken to be certain to avoid a horrible accident with a motorcycle rider. As traffic increases across the country so do the number of motorcycle accidents. Today, more than 2,000 people die from motorcycle accidents every year.
Should either you or a loved one be injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, you should call a Cumberland County motorcycle accident lawyer, who can handle all legal matters for you and your family.
Your focus should be concentrated on more important family matters. Compassionate and experienced attorneys are ready to battle for the justice you and your family deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle riders are particularly at risk, given their size and speed, and the lack of protection around them. Due to this reality, motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to suffer horrible injuries, permanent disabilities, and even death. Thus, a victim and their lawyer must establish that the automobile driver was negligent in their behavior. Typically, it is not the motorcycle driver that is at fault. Usually, it is the automobile driver that fails to exercise due care.
When someone is at the scene of a motorcycle accident, they should collect as much evidence as possible. Taking names and numbers of any witnesses is extremely helpful. Also, taking many photographs is critical to show damage and injuries. At times, investigators will have to be sent out to the scene of the accident, in order to collect evidence showing that the defendant is to blame.
Typical Motorcycle Injuries
Set forth below are common types of injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents:
- Broken bones: Breaks and fractures are common in motorcycle accidents, and can lead to permanent disability and even paralysis
- Arm injuries: When a motorcycle rider falls to the ground, injuries are likely sustained from the impact. “Biker’s arm” constitutes nerve damage which results in paralysis; this results from a traumatic fall
- Road rash: When one’s body slides across the paved road, abrasions known as road rash injure the skin. With certain clothing, one can reduce potential road rash in advance
- Brain damage: When one’s head slams harshly against the ground, one can suffer from concussions and/or brain damage. In severe cases, injuries can lead to paralysis and brain function. Of course, wearing a helmet helps to reduce the severity of injuries
- Permanent Disfigurement: When rough crashes occur with serious slides across the ground or forceful impact, the risk of permanent disfigurement is high
Common Factors in Motorcycle Accidents
There is a variety of other contributing factors that can come into play in a motorcycle accident, such as lack of visibility, stationary objects, poor road maintenance, collision avoidance, defective parts, and intoxicated drivers.
Often, victims of a motorcycle accident have a tremendous burden weighing on them, and many suffer from depression and real anger. With an experienced Cumberland County motorcycle accident attorney on board, individuals will no longer need to stress about the legal issues.
How a Cumberland County Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
Motorcycle accidents resulting from negligence typically cause severe injuries to others and even death. A motorcycle accident can be a rattling experience for those injured.
If you or a loved one has suffered as a victim of a motorcycle accident, experienced Cumberland County motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to help you and your family to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact Cumberland County motorcycle accident lawyers right away for your free initial consultation.