Cumberland County Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
As vehicular traffic across the country continually increases, it poses considerable risks and dangers to pedestrians. In recent years, approximately 5,000 pedestrians were killed by motorists. Victims’ injuries and deaths are catastrophic, due to the size and speed at which vehicles travel.
If either you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a pedestrian accident, you will need to contact a Cumberland County pedestrian accident lawyer who can assist you and your family with all legal matters. This will allow you to focus on more important family matters.
Contact an experienced and compassionate pedestrian accident attorney that could fight for the justice you and your family deserve.
How Pedestrian Accidents Occur
There are innumerable scenarios for a pedestrian accident. However, when a driver is negligent in their conduct, there are some common ways that a pedestrian accident might happen. Set forth below is a listing of common negligent driver behavior.
- Failure to adhere to stop lights and stop signs. The law provides for and designs these traffic lights and signs to protect everyone. When these are ignored, it can mean peril for pedestrians
- Speeding through certain vulnerable areas. Areas such as school zones and residential areas can be extremely dangerous for pedestrians. Children are especially at risk in these areas. Drivers always have to be careful, but especially in these high-risk zones
- Texting while driving. There are many uses of a cell phone that count as dangerous behavior behind the wheel. The most common risk is texting while driving. These activities take the drivers’ eyes off the road
- Driving while intoxicated. Intoxicated drivers, whether on drugs or alcohol or both, have severely reduced reaction times. This means that much higher risks exist for pedestrians when a driver is intoxicated.
- Not looking for pedestrians while going in reverse. It is imperative for a driver to carefully look behind them before and while reversing their vehicle. A driver’s mistake can prove deadly for pedestrians
Common Injuries to Pedestrians
A negligently driven vehicle can cause horrific damage and injuries. Here is a partial listing of common types of injuries experienced by pedestrians:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
Role of Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are for-profit entities. Like all other businesses, they are interested in greater profits for the company. This means they always seek to pay as little as possible to victims for their injuries. The less they have to pay the victim, the more money for them.
Even when it may appear that an insurance company wants to help the plaintiff out by settling the matter quickly, it is just a trap to save them money. That is why an individual needs an experienced and assertive Cumberland County pedestrian accident lawyer by their side to handle negotiations with insurance companies.
Speaking to a Cumberland County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrian accidents resulting from negligence typically cause severe injuries to others and even death. If you or a loved one has suffered as a victim of a pedestrian accident, experienced Cumberland County pedestrian accident lawyers are ready to help you and your family fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer as soon as possible