Richard Grungo, Jr., Esq. Member of NJ and PA Bar
Phone: (877) 487-1626
Richard Grungo is a certified civil trial attorney concentrating on personal injury litigation. His innovative litigation strategies using the latest technologies have resulted in significant jury verdicts and settlements for his clients over the last 24 years. Rich is also a leading voice in new and emerging technologies, being featured in Law journals and Mainstream News outlets for his knowledge and experience regarding the Metaverse and NFTs and how they figure into the future of business and the law field.
As a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Attorney, a designation held by less than 2.5% of lawyers in the state, Rich Grungo is routinely referred matters from other lawyers due to his experience, resources, and results.
With an emphasis on catastrophic injury and death, he has won major settlements and jury awards in a wide array of matters involving personal injury, including the following:
- $26 million verdict for autistic child’s abuse by a therapist
- $6.5 million settlement for death of construction worker
- $4 million verdict for medical malpractice involving failure to diagnose a heart condition
- $3.1 million settlement for brain injury from road design negligence
- $3 million settlement for gynecological malpractice
- $2.9 million settlement for death of construction worker
- $2.75 million verdict for over service of alcohol
- $2.57 million settlement for victim of drunk driving accident
- $1.9 million settlement for negligent supervision resulting in the drowning death of a child
- $1.3 million settlement for negligent supervision of a minor resulting in severe injury to hand
- $1.25 million settlement for an injured motorcyclist
- $650,000 settlement for slip and fall victim at a Jersey Shore motel
- $500,000 settlement for a car accident victim
- $500,000 settlement for slip and fall victim
- $325,000 settlement for injury at an assisted living facility
- $280,000 settlement for injury from dog bite
- $290,000 verdict for an injured stone mason
Rich began his legal career as a summer law clerk at Archer & Greiner, P.C., in New Jersey, and became a shareholder in 2008.
In 2015, Rich started Grungo Colarulo with his friend and colleague, William Colarulo, Esq. Rich’s leadership has helped Grungo Colarulo grow to a 30+ person firm with 7 attorneys, specializing in not only personal injury, but also employment law, workers’ compensation, and nursing home abuse.
Over his 24-year career, Rich has obtained the following awards and recognition:
- Super Lawyers “Super Lawyer” (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) *
- New Jersey Law Journal: Top Verdicts New Jersey 2014, for obtaining the third largest Medical Malpractice Surgical Error verdict in the state
- NJ Law Journal’s prestigious “40 under 40” (2011)
- SJ Magazine Awesome Attorney (2013)
- SJ Magazine’s Top Personal Injury Attorney (2017)
- SJ Magazine’s Top Trial Attorney (2012, 2014)
Rich is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, and Philadelphia Bar Association.
Pioneer in the Digital Frontier
Rich is the leading voice on the Metaverse & the new digital frontier within the legal industry. He has been featured in Law journals and Mainstream News outlets for his knowledge and experience regarding the Metaverse and NFTs and how they figure into the future of business and the law field. Rich has been recognized as “the pioneer leading the new settlement on the digital frontier,” and is the go-to expert for journalists and law firms looking to see what the future looks like for the legal industry within the Metaverse.
Rich led Grungo Colarulo to be the first Personal Injury Law Firm in the Metaverse when he and his daughter built the Grungo Colarulo HQ in Decentraland at -36, 150. He is currently leveraging that expertise as co-founder of LawCity.com, the first legal district and legal directory in the Metaverse located at 37,-58 in Decentraland. Rich has been recognized as a “digital pioneer” in the legal industry by numerous media outlets, including Law.com, the ABA Journal, Fortune, Law360, Legaltech News, and The American Lawyer.
With LawCity.com, Rich is expanding awareness of the Metaverse and NFTs in the legal industry, while also giving legal firms the ability to claim their place in the Metaverse that is fast, easy, and cost-effective. Rich is using the collective power of the Metaverse’s legal community to help give back to those in need, both local and worldwide, raising money for organizations committed to helping others.
Born and raised in South Jersey, Rich Grungo graduated from Rancocas Valley Regional H.S. in Mt. Holly. After receiving his undergraduate degree at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, PA, he attended law school at Rutgers University School of Law.
Rich Grungo lives with his wife, 3 children, and 2 dogs in Burlington County, New Jersey.
Read and listen to Richard Grungo’s insights about the Metaverse and what it means to be the first Personal Injury Law Firm in the Metaverse.