Richard Grungo, Jr., Esq.
Member of NJ and PA Bar
Phone: (877) 487-1626
A certified civil trial attorney concentrating on personal injury litigation, his innovative trial strategies have resulted in more than $60 million in jury verdicts and settlements in the last 6 years. As a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Civil Trial Attorney, a designation held by less than 2.5% of lawyers in the state, Rich Grungo is routinely referred matters from other lawyers due to his experience, resources, and results.
With an emphasis on catastrophic injury and death, he has won major settlements and jury awards in a wide array of matters involving personal injury, including the following:
- $26 million verdict for autistic child’s abuse by a therapist
- $4 million verdict for medical malpractice involving failure to diagnose a heart condition
- $3.1 million settlement for brain injury from road design negligence
- $4 million settlement for death from medical malpractice
- $2.75 million verdict for over service of alcohol
- $6.5 million settlement for death of construction worker
- $3 million settlement for gynecological malpractice
- $325,000 settlement for construction worker who fell from a scaffold
- $290,000 verdict for injured stone mason
- $235,000 settlement for car accident victim
Born and raised in South Jersey, Rich Grungo graduated from Rancocas Valley Regional H.S. in Mt. Holly. After receiving his undergraduate degree at Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, PA, he attended law school at Rutgers University School of Law.
He began his legal career as a summer law clerk at Archer & Greiner, P.C., the fifth largest law firm in New Jersey, and became a shareholder in 2008. Over his 16 year career at Archer and Greiner, he obtained the following awards and recognition:
- SJ Magazine’s Top Trial Attorney (2012, 2014)
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)*
- Super Lawyers “Super Lawyer” (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)*
- New Jersey Law Journal: Top Verdicts New Jersey 2014, for obtaining the third largest Medical Malpractice Surgical Error verdict in the state
- NJ Law Journal’s prestigious “40 under 40” (2011)
- SJ Magazine Awesome Attorney (2013)
Mr. Grungo is a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice, Pennsylvania Association for Justice, Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and Philadelphia Bar Association.
Rich Grungo lives with his wife and 3 children in Burlington County, New Jersey.